Ultimately, überlube is my favorite silicone lubricant by far. Period.
No wonder, I’ve been asked multiple times lately, “If it’s your favorite silicone lube, then why haven’t you wrote a Review on it?” and… I have no clue. haha 😀 I talk it up and put it on a pedestal in person but I haven’t expressed my love for it on the internets! So, here I go!
When, I first saw überlube’s packaging I was taken a bit off guard. With it’s chic look, their bottle didn’t look like majority of the lubricant bottles out there and it immediately made me want to have it on my shelf. Uberlube comes in a plain glass bottle with a convenient pump ***ONE OF MY FAVORITE FEATURES** that has white and silver accents. The bottle’s appearance isn’t abrasive and if you left it out on a nightstand, a passerby wouldn’t really look twice since it has the appearance of a fragrance bottle. It looks high end, just like the actual quality of the lubricant. So, if you’d like to judge a book by it’s cover, this is a prime example where it’s okay to do just that. 😀 The appearance is welcoming and everyone that i’ve introduced it to with issues that lubricant is a crutch, have all seen past that. The simplicity allows you to think of just the product inside the bottle instead of all of the writing on the packaging that tells you why you supposedly need to buy and use it.
Now, with any sexual lubricant you have to be cautious with the ingredients. But, with Uberlube it literally has 4 ingredients: Dimethicone, Dimethiconal, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E). That’s it! It doesn’t contain all the extra add-ons like flavors, scents and all that warming, cooling crap that has the possibility of causing irritation or infections. Since, I’m like majority of the girls out there, I have a temperamental vagina that hates anything that invades this ecosystem. It’s sensitive and has feelings and tells me with vengeance if it doesn’t like something. überlube is one of the few silicone lubricants I don’t have any issues with my ecosystem down there AND that’s saying a lot. Keep in mind there is a small sliver of people out in the world that have a silicone allergy, (I haven’t met one yet) so OBVIOUSLY don’t use it if you have that allergy. But, I found it to be the best for being body-safe and you can use it with condoms.
As for the viscosity levels, I always describe Uberlube like a slip ‘n slide! Smooth, thin and has the consistency like an oil but it really isn’t. Yes, it has a little bit of vitamin E but that keeps the skin moisturized while the silicone lays on the top layer of the skin and keeps friction at bay. But, unlike some lubricants, it doesn’t feel heavy, thick, rubbery, tacky or drags. It’s so thin that it allows intimacy to have a very small barrier. I personally, never pay attention much to the descriptions that companies say about their product because I could say that i’m made of gold but am I really? They can say all the crap they want, but Uberlube actually pinpoints every thing where I can’t even deny or use any other way to describe it. Like, the fact that it’s featherweight. SO TRUE. Uberlube is the type of lubricant that you need to feel it, to understand what I mean. But, once you use it, it’s hard to go back to any other brand of silicone lubricant since you start playing the comparison game.
My only downer is that since it is a silicone lubricant, it isn’t compatible with certain toys depending on what it is made of. I suggestive that you help your toy’s life span, set it aside and only use uberlube if it made of Metal, Glass or acrylic.
Uses!! This is where the fun part comes into play. I literally use uberlube for everything. (It almost reminds me of that Ren & Stimpy episode about Salve. The USES are endless.) But, I’ll give you a little look into my life as to what I use it for.
- My main use. Just regular ol’ sex. Masturbation or with a partner for Vaginal and it’s pretty swell for Anal. It keeps everything going and if you want to have shower sex, Uberlube stays on the skin without washing away with quickness.
- Uberlube is a great tattoo conditioner. If you have a freshly done tattoo, Uberlube avoids the tattoo from drying out and getting itchy. Also, it brightens it up to look “fresh”, especially if you have color. But, my main suggestion is for the healing process, so it doesn’t look like a hot mess when the tattoo starts peeling.
- You can use it as a VERY LIGHT makeup primer. If you put a light layer on the skin, your foundation will just glide on. Great when you want your makeup to last longer and you don’t want heavy coverage.
- If you own a Dipbrow pomade, they have a tendency to dry out if left open. One dot of Uberlube, swirl it around and it rehydrates your pot and it’s as good as new! This has helped my eyebrow game to stay on point.
- If you have allergies, you may get irritation from blowing your nose a lot. Apply a little of Uberlube and it helps soothe the skin and heal faster. Plus, this feels way better on the skin than putting on a layer of thick vaseline.
- I also, apply it to my hair to keep it looking shiny and healthy since I have super colored hair.
The options are endless!
- If you experience vaginal dryness, from age or allergies or because you are on a cruddy birth control, this is great to apply to decrease friction during the day or during sex.
- I did read that marathon users use it to decrease friction but that’s not really my jam and I haven’t tried that. haha But, I’m sure it works great with that. ((avid couch potato girl here))
A little goes a long way and one of their 100ml bottles lasts me months. They have various sizes 50ml, 100ml, and travel size bottles. The travel size bottle has a container to prevent it from breaking and comes in white, silver and black. They are pretty affordable and I think you really get your money’s worth. You can find them in a lot of adult shops or purchase it on their website, www.uberlube.com.
If you’d like to give Uberlube a try, I do have a few samples. Just email me with your Snail Mail address and I’ll send one out to you, Jade@HankyPankyHarlot.com