The last thing you think about when it comes to having sex and using sex toys is being conscientious about your carbon footprint left on earth.
So, this year’s Earth Day, I’m just going to share a few things that you can tweak in your love life while helping mother earth at the same time!
- Save up and invest in quality sex toys! Getting a great sex toy has so many benefits both long-term and short term!
If you decide to buy a vibrator, grab one that has quality material and is possibly rechargeable. Quality sex toys have a longer lifespan, so you won’t have to replace the toy constantly. This decreases in waste (Wall-E will love you for it!) and battery consumption! Single use batteries and Rechargeable batteries have toxic and hazardous materials inside which means itshould be recycled. But many people usually have a “fuggit” mentality and just toss them in the trash AAAND the same goes for old sex toys that die. Decrease waste by having nice things! haha How can you say no to that?!? haha
- So, grab a toy that is non-toxic, hypoallergenic, high grade premium materials. Some of the best vibrating toys are made with 100% premium silicone! If you’re looking for a vibrating dong. Choose one with a removable bullet because then once that bullet dies you can just replace that instead of the whole darn thing!
- Another great material for toys is Glass! It’s one of the most hygienic material out there and it can be broken down and recycled.
- USB powered Vibrating toys decrease on batteries as well! They aresignificantly cheaper than rechargeable and you can use them while you’re browsing porn on your computer. 😛 There isn’t a lot of the menu for these type but my faves are:
- Wood Toys! If you wanna be ultra hippy and love beautifully crafted sex toys visit: http://nobessence.com.
“NobEssence™ sculptures are organic, waterproof and hypo-allergenic. Our sustainably farmed woods are firm from the start – warming to your passion and retaining your heat. NobEssence™ exotic hardwood sculptures deliver uniquely luxurious sensations –firm, silky smooth, clean and visually irresistible.”
- Another cool toy material is Stone! Laid has Stone toy made from granite and it is the perfect shape for the body to be a Smoooooth operator.
- Grab some condoms that are made with natural, Fair Trade rubber! Latex is Latex and you may not see the direct result of it but why not grab condoms that are fair trade and good for the laborers who go to the rubber trees! Fair Trade rubber does cost alittle bit more but it helpsthe quality of life for the workers with all the things we take for granted like clean drinking water, electricity, having a roof over their head and education! Remember these brands the next time you need to grab a pack of condoms!
- Grab a lubricant that is an all natural or organic alternative. There are somany different options now in comparison toa couple years back. Older lubricants had so many filler ingredients that were petroleum based, or hadparabens. So, now! you can now just be completely knock those off your shopping list. Also, you don’t haveto be a hippy and only use coconut oil. There are many lubricants that might make your vagina so much more happier. The following are a few of my favorites <3 they are latex & polyisoprene condom compatible, toy safe and are friendly for your body!
- Can’t forget the BDSM folk! and For all those Flogging lovers! No need to fear there is at least a fabulous flogger out there made from Recycled Rubber!
Hopefully, these tips for tweaking your shopping list will give you a little bit of motivation to giving Mother Earth the attention and love she deserves.