Mornings at my job, can be quite monotonous. Dvd Rentals. Lube purchases for Porn Shoot sets. Maybe some button battery purchases. Rinse and repeat.
But, I had the best moment the other day! My customer helped validate my love for the We-Vibe Touch and how much my Valentine’s Day post really meant to me. I was trying to push everyone to bring their romance back to their 5 senses. Utilizing their senses with the help of certain aids in order to build a connection with their partners more or reignite it. OR! Using your senses to stimulate your body more solo style! Either way, Taking it back to something so simple as focusing on one single sense can bring your orgasm on ten times more!
In my mini blog post, “LET THESE BASICS TAKE OVER YOUR SENSES THIS VALENTINE’S DAY“, a guest post on BlowPaste‘s CheekyChaCha Blog. I mentioned a silly blindfold. To half of the customers that came in for Valentine’s Day, they thought it was cheesy but bought it anyways. To others they knew that taking away their sight would make things interesting.
To my customer the other day, who is “visually impaired” or rather SEXUALLY EMPOWERED!!! She made me reevaluate which toys and how I present toys to customers who are blind. She was one of the few customers who will come into an adult shop and know exactly what she wants. She wanted a clitoral toy that was rechargeable and small.
Sounds easy and simple right? That’s usually the case but I never realized how difficult or rather annoying these “luxury” and “high end” toys were to use if you didn’t have sight on your side.
Continue reading The “Touch” was perfect without “sight”
The last thing you think about when it comes to having sex and using sex toys is being conscientious about your carbon footprint left on earth.
So, this year’s Earth Day, I’m just going to share a few things that you can tweak in your love life while helping mother earth at the same time!
- Save up and invest in quality sex toys! Getting a great sex toy has so many benefits both long-term and short term!
If you decide to buy a vibrator, grab one that has quality material and is possibly rechargeable. Quality sex toys have a longer lifespan, so you won’t have to replace the toy constantly. This decreases in waste (Wall-E will love you for it!) and battery consumption! Single use batteries and Rechargeable batteries have toxic and hazardous materials inside which means itshould be recycled. But many people usually have a “fuggit” mentality and just toss them in the trash AAAND the same goes for old sex toys that die. Decrease waste by having nice things! haha How can you say no to that?!? haha
- So, grab a toy that is non-toxic, hypoallergenic, high grade premium materials. Some of the best vibrating toys are made with 100% premium silicone! If you’re looking for a vibrating dong. Choose one with a removable bullet because then once that bullet dies you can just replace that instead of the whole darn thing!
- Another great material for toys is Glass! It’s one of the most hygienic material out there and it can be broken down and recycled.
- USB powered Vibrating toys decrease on batteries as well! They aresignificantly cheaper than rechargeable and you can use them while you’re browsing porn on your computer. 😛 There isn’t a lot of the menu for these type but my faves are:
- Wood Toys! If you wanna be ultra hippy and love beautifully crafted sex toys visit: http://nobessence.com.
“NobEssence™ sculptures are organic, waterproof and hypo-allergenic. Our sustainably farmed woods are firm from the start – warming to your passion and retaining your heat. NobEssence™ exotic hardwood sculptures deliver uniquely luxurious sensations –firm, silky smooth, clean and visually irresistible.”
- Another cool toy material is Stone! Laid has Stone toy made from granite and it is the perfect shape for the body to be a Smoooooth operator.
- Grab some condoms that are made with natural, Fair Trade rubber! Latex is Latex and you may not see the direct result of it but why not grab condoms that are fair trade and good for the laborers who go to the rubber trees! Fair Trade rubber does cost alittle bit more but it helpsthe quality of life for the workers with all the things we take for granted like clean drinking water, electricity, having a roof over their head and education! Remember these brands the next time you need to grab a pack of condoms!
- Grab a lubricant that is an all natural or organic alternative. There are somany different options now in comparison toa couple years back. Older lubricants had so many filler ingredients that were petroleum based, or hadparabens. So, now! you can now just be completely knock those off your shopping list. Also, you don’t haveto be a hippy and only use coconut oil. There are many lubricants that might make your vagina so much more happier. The following are a few of my favorites <3 they are latex & polyisoprene condom compatible, toy safe and are friendly for your body!
- Can’t forget the BDSM folk! and For all those Flogging lovers! No need to fear there is at least a fabulous flogger out there made from Recycled Rubber!
Hopefully, these tips for tweaking your shopping list will give you a little bit of motivation to giving Mother Earth the attention and love she deserves.