Many women brush Kegel exercises off as if it’s nothing. I hear the usual, “ohh I don’t have a problem down there!” blah blah blah. But honestly, I think it’s more preventative for later and well who doesn’t want to be able to control your muscles down there and have better orgasms!
Kegel exercises were exercises that Dr. Arnold H. Kegel made popular by stating that it will strengthen the PC muscles. Your PC muscles are also known as the Pubococcygeus muscle. It’s a hammock-like muscle that stretches backward from the pubes toward the coccyx and forms part of the pelvic floor. This muscle is found in both men and women.
Why should you do Kegel Exercises?
If you train yourself properly, you can control your orgasms, squeeze your partner to increase sensation while having intercourse, and help your own personal health to prevent weak pelvic muscles later in life.
Have you heard the term “If you don’t use it, you lose it?”… well, I feel bad for telling you, but it’s true. Since it’s a muscle, we need to keep up with our health and “work it out” so later on in life we won’t have any negative repercussions. What are these negative repercussions? Well, one would involve “Depends”. The Adult diapers. haha Both Women and Men suffer from weak pelvic muscles and this leads to lack of bladder control, incontinence, and just plain piddling your pants when you sneeze. Also, for girls… two words… Uterine prolapse. Remember that analogy describing the pc muscle as a hammock? well, let’s just say if you don’t exercise that hammock it’ll give way and it holds up your uterus.
Now that I scared you to the point of piddling your pants, let’s just talk about kegel exercises and ways to decrease your chances of those bad repercussions and get those awesome orgasms flying at you! so keep reading…
How do you do Kegel Exercises?
- Find the right muscles you are supposed to be working out. To identify your pelvic floor muscles, try to stop urination in midstream. If you succeed, you’ve got the right muscles.
- Empty your bladder. If you do decide to use kegel balls, the pressure will push down and make you feel like you have to run to the urination station. So, it’s just best to empty it to start off.
- Start off slow. Lay down and squeeze PC muscles for 5 seconds and release for 5 seconds. Do 5 rounds of this.
- Once that becomes too easy, work up to squeezing the PC muscles for 10 seconds and release for 10. Do 5 rounds of this.
- Now, place your hand on your abdomen and try and focus on only flexing your PC muscles avoiding your abdomen, thighs or buttocks.
- Maintain a nice breathing pattern and avoid holding your breath.
- Practice doing your exercises 3 times a day.
- Once laying down becomes too easy, try doing the exercises while standing.
- Once doing the repetitious 10-second rounds, Try listening to music and only squeezing and releasing to the bass line.
- You can always use Kegel balls to help your progress. Think of them as weights like most people use while working out.
Handy Hanky Links: Learn more about Kegel balls!: Balls in your …VAjayjay!!!