Along with using a toy, you have to make sure you clean it properly! I mean, HELLO, with all these toys being put in places and orifices and juices flying left and right… I would think you would want to keep it clean. 😛
- Cleaning your toy also helps avoid transmission of STIs. “While some STIs die once the fluid they live in dries, others (such as hepatitis and scabies) can live for weeks or months outside of the body. ” (0_0) (I suggest if you do decide to share toys, use glass, silicone or hard acrylic. minimal porous factor = less icky germs hiding)
- Store your sex toys in a dry, cool place. Heat and direct sunlight may cause damage to your toy!
- Just by cleaning your toy, it can also elongate the life span of your toy! You did spend some money on the toy, how about make it stick around longer.
- Keep in mind, some hard plastic toys have a soft touch coating and if you aren’t careful that soft texture will disappear if you clean it with harsh cleaning products.
- Anti-bacterial soap! A fragrance-free HAND anti-bacterial soap is what I’m talking about. Nothing too harsh So STOP! and put that dishwashing soap, laundry soap, purell, alcohol etc etc… away! (…yes, I’ve heard them all lol) Now, The main active ingredient usually is triclosan or triclocarbon, these require at least 2minutes on the surface to really kill the bacteria. So, rinse off the toy and get any visible debris and cover the toy with soap. Leave for a few minutes and then give it a little rub down. Rinse the toy thoroughly and make sure it’s suds free! Leaving soap residue sometimes causes irritation and that’s just plain not fun!
Sex Toy Cleaner! Read the directions thoroughly. Some sex toy cleaners only require you to spritz it and wipe down with a damp cloth. Others like the foaming cleaners are just like cleaning with an anti-bacterial soap like the directions above.
After, you are done washing it, wipe it dry completely with a soft cloth that is preferably lint-free. Or you can dry it off as much as you can and leave it to air-dry. But be sure that is completely dry before storing it, it helps to decrease the chances of mold and bacteria growth.
It’s recommended to clean your toy BEFORE and AFTER each time you use your toy. But, let’s get real… who really wants to go clean a toy right after cumming? So, for all those lazy bums who will get around to rinsing them down later, a quick fix is to get wipes.
- they can be sterilized by boiling it for 8-10 minutes, It helps to wrap the toy in a hand towel or in a veggie steamer basket so it doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan.
- You can run it through the dishwasher without any soap to sterilize it with steam!
- OR you can soak your toys 15-30 minutes with the solutions below and rinse.
- 10% bleach and water solution
- 10% alcohol and water solution